[HPC-Writers] HPC stories needed

Douglas Eadline deadline at linux-mag.com
Mon Aug 18 09:40:06 EDT 2008

Hello everyone. Sorry about the long silence. It turns out
the Linux Magazine re-organization took longer than
everyone thought. Linux Magazine is now paperless and
completely web based (Linux-mag.com). I think this change will
allow us to provide better content than in the past.
I have always liked web page publication as it allows
linking to references, projects, and code. Starting this
month, we are continuing with our HPC focus. To get started,
there are a few articles we need written quickly.

 Get Your Head in the Clouds: Grid Computing Just Got Easy

    A discussion of the advantages and of Cloud computing
    and how it is different than Grid computing.

 Green HPC: Going Fast Without Going Broke

    A look at how a green approach to HPC will not
    only help save the environment, but also save the customer money.

As before we are paying $500 per article (maybe more if you can
turn an article around quickly). Length is about 2000-3000
words. I can provide more details if you are interested.
Contact me ASAP.

Also if you have any story ideas let me know!

--
Douglas Eadline
Senior HPC Editor