[Beowulf] Desktop fan reccommendation

Nathan Moore ntmoore at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 13:48:36 EDT 2012

All,

This is barely beowuf related...

New desktop machine is a Shuttle SX79R5,
http://us.shuttle.com/barebone/Models/SX79R5.html

In the past, shuttles have been very quiet, but this one has a fairly loud
variable speed fan on the CPU heat exchanger.  I normally buy replacement
parts from vendors like newegg, but their selection of 90mm case fans
mainly seems to be described by CFM and whether the fan has LED lights
mounted in it (FYI, that is not a selling point).

So, is there an engineer's version of newegg that ya'll know about? There
must be a super quiet 90mm fan out there that I can pick up for $10...

Nathan Moore
Physics, Winona State University

--
Mailscanner: Clean