[Linux-ia64] Itanium gets supercomputing software

Mikhail Kuzminsky kus at free.net
Mon Jul 23 12:44:16 EDT 2012

According to Duraid Madina

> SPECfp2000 is ~1170 for a 2GHz 1MB L2 Opteron. Not too bad. The SPECint
> figure is fantastic though (~1200).
  If you'll re-calcualte SPECcpus data to frequencies of Opteron
will be available just now (1.4 and 1.6 Ghz, and 1.8 Ghz in May -
according unofficial russian source), then Xeon has more high performance.
What is about price, then 1.6 Hhz will have the price about $670-$690
(but 1.4 Hhz chips will be *much more* cheap).

  "Today" is not the best day for IA64, because It2 will be very
soon excahnged to Madison w/1.3-1.5x speedup. I don't like
x86 architecture (IA-32), but today I can't wait Deerfield :-(
and I think about Opteroon also ...

Mikhail Kuzminsky
Zelinsky Institute of Organic Chemistry
Moscow