Linux distributives for Opteron

Mikhail Kuzminsky kus at
Mon Jul 23 12:44:16 EDT 2012

    By RedHat it was declared that x86-64 support will be realized
in the frames of RH Linux Advanced Server distributive.
But what is known about much more cheap RH Linux professional (according
our experience, it is enough for building beowulf clusters w/2-cpu's
nodes) ? According my data, x86-64 support in RH may be realized
just at summer.

    The other choice for Opterons coming in May may be SuSe Linux profesional
(it's cheap, but we traditionally based on RH).

Mikhail Kuzminsky
Zelinsky Inst. of Organic Chemistry