Infiniband and Intel (Re:)

Mikhail Kuzminsky kus at
Mon Jul 23 12:44:16 EDT 2012

According to Patrick Geoffray
> From beowulf-admin at Sat May 25 01:45:00 2002
> From: Patrick Geoffray <patrick at>
> Subject: Infiniband and Intel
> Sender: beowulf-admin at
> Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 17:33:04 -0400
> Intel is pulling out from Infiniband:
> Considering Intel's weight, that's a bad sign.
  I agree. Infiniband may be very attractive as potential
interconnect for cluster nodes and potentially may
compete w/Myrinet ;-) At the last IDF (Spring-2002, San-Francisco,
where I was) it were presented many Infiniband solutions.
Moreover, it was presented special track (by NCSA) about
using of Infiniband for MPI communications.

Mikhail Kuzminsky
Zelisnky Institute of Organic Chemistry