Tyan Tiger 2460 (Re)

Mikhail Kuzminsky kus at free.net
Mon Jul 23 12:44:16 EDT 2012

According to Robert G. Brown
> From beowulf-admin at beowulf.org Thu Apr 25 11:50:34 2002
> From: "Robert G. Brown" <rgb at phy.duke.edu>
> Subject: Tyan Tiger 2460
> We've had problems (as have others on this list) getting our 2U
> rackmount Tyan Tiger 2460 motherboards to boot/install/run reliably and
> stably.
> ... to conclude that this is a
> reproducible BUG in the 2460 Tiger motherboard, either in the BIOS or
> (worse) in the physical wiring of slot 1...

> BTW, so far the 2466 runs fine, as noted by many listvolken.
  It's not only problem w/Tyan dual motherboards. The problem
exist also w/correct work of Hardware Monitor chips (for work of
lm_sensors it's necessary to do (at the boot) some trick w/BIOS),
for both 2460 and 2466. Moreover, for Thunder w/Tualatin chips lm_sensors
can't work. May be Supermicro boards are more stable ...
Mikhail Kuzminsky
Zelinsky Institute of Organic Chemistry