Athlon MP vs Athlon XP

Mikhail Kuzminsky kus at
Mon Jul 23 12:44:16 EDT 2012

According to Patrice Duffort
> Dear Mikhail,
> The XPs and MPs have the same core but the XP is essentially a crippled MP.  Lesser overall performance.
  I'm sorry, do you have some test results of performance or some data
about microarchitecture difference ?

It's not too obviously how to prepare chip w/decreased MP performance,
but working correctly in SMP environment. For example, I should
suppress something like split transactions handling etc. It looks too
expensive to prepare special chip with a bit different microarchitecture.

Mikhail Kuzminsky
Zelinsky Institute of Organic Chemistry