[Beowulf] A cluster of Arduinos

Ellis H. Wilson III ellis at runnersroll.com
Thu Jan 12 09:53:57 EST 2012

On 01/12/2012 09:50 AM, Prentice Bisbal wrote:
> On 01/12/2012 09:39 AM, Vincent Diepeveen wrote:
>> The average guy is not interested in knowing all details regarding
>> how to
>> play tennis with a wooden racket from the 1980s, just around
>> the time when McEnroe was on the tennisfield playing there.
>> Most people are more interested in whether you can win that grandslam
>> with what you produce.
>> The nerds however are interested in how well you can do with a wooden
>> racket
>> from 1980s,therefore projecting your own interest upon those students
>> will just
>> get them desinterested and you will be judged by them as an
>> irrelevant person
>> in their life, whose name they soon forget.
> Vincent,  I think the only person projecting here is you. You refer to
> the 'average guy'. The word 'average' itself implies that statistics
> have been collected and analyzed. Can you please show us your
> statistics, and how you collected them, to determine what the average
> guy is interested in? And what about the average girl, what is she
> interested in?  If you are merely citing the work of other researchers,
> please include citations.

Guys, let's just let this one die in it's traditional form of Vincent
disagrees with the list and there is nothing more that can be done.  I
recently read a blog that suggested (due to similar threads following
these trajectories) that the Wulf list wasn't what it used to be.

Let's save the flames for editors,