[Beowulf] A cluster of Arduinos

Prentice Bisbal prentice at ias.edu
Thu Jan 12 09:50:05 EST 2012

On 01/12/2012 09:39 AM, Vincent Diepeveen wrote:
> The average guy is not interested in knowing all details regarding
> how to
> play tennis with a wooden racket from the 1980s, just around
> the time when McEnroe was on the tennisfield playing there.
>
> Most people are more interested in whether you can win that grandslam
> with what you produce.
>
> The nerds however are interested in how well you can do with a wooden
> racket
> from 1980s,therefore projecting your own interest upon those students
> will just
> get them desinterested and you will be judged by them as an
> irrelevant person
> in their life, whose name they soon forget.

Vincent,  I think the only person projecting here is you. You refer to
the 'average guy'. The word 'average' itself implies that statistics
have been collected and analyzed. Can you please show us your
statistics, and how you collected them, to determine what the average
guy is interested in? And what about the average girl, what is she
interested in?  If you are merely citing the work of other researchers,
please include citations.

--
Prentice