[Beowulf] newb question - help with NUMA + mpich2 + GPUs

Hearns, John john.hearns at mclaren.com
Tue Feb 21 04:42:26 EST 2012

Micha.

Here is probably a good starting point for you:
http://www.open-mpi.org/projects/hwloc/

I would download hwloc, install it on your system and print out the
topology.
That page provides good reading matter on numa placement.

Also on a NUMA machine I find that the 'htop' utility is very useful -
you should always check that
Processes are running on the CPUs you think they should be

http://htop.sourceforge.net/

The contents of this email are confidential and for the exclusive use of the intended recipient.  If you receive this email in error you should not copy it, retransmit it, use it or disclose its contents but should return it to the sender immediately and delete your copy.