[Beowulf] Migrating from IB datagram mode to connected mode live ?

Chris Samuel samuel at unimelb.edu.au
Fri Apr 20 03:47:46 EDT 2012

On Thursday 19 April 2012 19:06:06 Håkon Bugge wrote:

> So yes, it works.

Thanks, and also thanks to Gilad from Mellanox who put me in contact
with another person who was able to answer this and other questions.

One valuable thing I learnt was that IPoIB includes neighbor MTU
information and so a system sending IP packets from a connected mode
host to a datagram mode host will already know the destinations MTU.

cheers,
Chris
         http://www.vlsci.unimelb.edu.au/