[Beowulf] SGE qconf, renaming hosts/queues?

mathog mathog at caltech.edu
Wed Sep 7 19:05:51 EDT 2011

Just finished migrating most everything on the cluster from the old
headnode to a new one, but
the old headnode has to remain functional for a while.   Even the node
name moved, and
therein lies the rub.  In testing I had

node    queue_names
mendel  mendel_something
newsaf  newsaf_something

and that worked fine.  Now I want to rename node mendel to oldsaf, and
all the queue names
to oldsaf_something.  Currently the mendel_* queues are all jammed,
because by IP number mendel
is the same machine as newsaf, and it isn't even the same architecture.

I must be missing something, because while I see qconf/qmon options to
modify nodes and queues, I don't
see how to rename these.  Failing that, is there an easy way to dump
the host/queue description to a text file, edit
that, and then re-create from the modified descriptions?  There are a
bunch of text configuration files in the
SGE directory, but I'm  guessing that editing/renaming those directly
is a big no no.

David Mathog
mathog at caltech.edu