[Beowulf] building Infiniband 4x cluster questions

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 7 06:10:50 EST 2011

Vincent,
I cannot answer all of your questions.
I have a couple of answers:

Regarding MPI, you will be looking for OpenMPI

You will need a subnet manager running somewhere on the fabric.
These can either run on the switch or on a host.
If you are buying this equipment from eBay I would imagine you will be
running the Open Fabrics subnet manager
on a host on your cluster, rather than on a switch.
I might be wrong - depends if the switch has a SM license.