[Beowulf] Virtualized Infiniband in KVM?

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Mon Mar 28 10:18:26 EDT 2011

Hi folks

   I know about the VT-d bits for virtualized 1 1GbE/10GbE and their
ability to be leveraged for KVM stacks.  Is there a similar capability
for IB?  I figured I'd ask here first before bugging the OFED lists.
This is an HPC situation, and I am trying to see if there is any
experience with IB in a KVM virtual machine.  Any latency/bandwidth
measures/tests, or any data for that matter would be of interest.

   I know Xen had some capability with this for a while (virualized IB
stack as a passthru).  I'd like to avoid Xen if possible, and focus upon
KVM for a number of reasons.

   Thanks!

   Joe

--