[Beowulf] Question: has anyone seen strange network timing bits on Nehalem/Westmere based motherboards?

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Thu Jun 23 11:53:19 EDT 2011

Hi folks

  I seem to recall, though I can't remember where, seeing about 6-8
months ago, reports of some strange network jitter for these platforms.
  This is Nehalem/Westmere specific, didn't impact the earlier CPUs.
For some reason, my memory is of a strange driver-NUMA connection, but I
am not sure at this time.

  Trying to trace something down, and gathering the background material
first.  Gigabit ethernet, Intel NICs on the motherboard.  Single IOH.

Joseph Landman, Ph.D
Founder and CEO
Scalable Informatics Inc.
email: landman at scalableinformatics.com