[Beowulf] transparent hugepage?

Mark Hahn hahn at mcmaster.ca
Mon Jun 13 12:20:22 EDT 2011

Hi all,
I'm at Ottawa Linux Symp, and see mentions of recent entry to the kernel
of transparent hugepage support.  if any of you are using this support
in the HPC context, I'm interested in hearing about it.  consider: a modern
processor might have a TLB of as few as 1k entries (for 4k pages) - thus
mapping only 4M without TLB misses...)

OLS is a lot quieter this year, though last year wasn't buzzy either.
not sure why - just the global economic state?