[Beowulf] IPv6 and clusters?

Stuart Barkley stuartb at 4gh.net
Thu Jun 9 09:32:35 EDT 2011

Yesterday was IPv6 day.

Does IPv6 have any major place in clusters?  Has anyone ever tried an
IPv6 only cluster?

My thought is that IPv4 is fine for internal cluster networks using
rfc1918 networks.  I expect the multihomed login/management nodes will
eventually need IPv6 on the outside interfaces.

Other thoughts?

Stuart Barkley
--
I've never been lost; I was once bewildered for three days, but never lost!
                                        --  Daniel Boone