[Beowulf] optics question (SFP+ vs XFP)

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Thu Jan 27 10:40:35 EST 2011

On 01/27/2011 10:26 AM, Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 at 2:56pm, Eugen Leitl wrote
>
>> P.S. Trying to get phone support from HP is a pretty surreal experience.
>> Especially, if former 3Com products are concerned. And I no longer trust
>> their pre-sales.
>
> Just wait until you have to find something on their website, random bits
> of which are *still* IE only -- such fun!

I can't say I like what they've done with the Procurve site.  It used to
be easy to figure out.  Now its much harder.  We tend to look at things
by function and specs, and they are organized by product number/class (ugh).

(and if anyone from HP is reading this, and has a magic incantation, or
URL to recommend ... please ... PLEASE ... forward it my way ... We will
provide burnt offerings and other things to show our gratitude!)

--
Joseph Landman, Ph.D
Founder and CEO
email: landman at scalableinformatics.com