[Beowulf] /dev/random entropy on stateless/headless nodes

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Mon Feb 28 06:38:47 EST 2011

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 10:27:22AM -0000, Hearns, John wrote:

> Sigh - I guess we have gone all metric since then with 10cm per
> nanosecond!

It's interesting that at 10 GBit 300 m SR fiber is an optical FIFO
for a 1500 MTU, like a modern version of mercury delay line
storage.

Once they figure out optical gate crossbars and suitable header
layout (e.g. precomputed path, header bits directly selecting
crossbar ports), purely photonic cut-through can't be far behind.