[Beowulf] thunderbolt?

Ellis H. Wilson III ellis at runnersroll.com
Sun Feb 27 09:16:25 EST 2011

On 02/26/11 17:13, Mark Hahn wrote:
> what makes it interesting to me is that it appears to be headed towards
> commoditization/ubiquity like ethernet is (and like IB will never be.)

Yes, I felt very "there is a world market for maybe five computers"
after I sent my original email.  Not only does this become interesting
when another vendor places the technology in card form that can be used
in nearly any architecture, but it becomes more interesting as you
mention when the economies of scale work in our favor.

In any event, my cynicism was directed at the consumer community who
likely won't be able to fully utilize the technology for sometime (and
probably won't realize they aren't).  I have no doubt Beowulfers will
find a way to leverage the technology especially if it's cheap (perhaps
even in their own home, as it's been suggested).

ellis