[Beowulf] EMACS vs VI

Ellis H. Wilson III ellis at runnersroll.com
Thu Feb 17 17:40:51 EST 2011

On 02/17/11 17:40, Steve Crusan wrote:
> That is a drinking game in itself.
>
> A) 1 shots: if you've destroyed something important because of a wrong vi(m)
> keystroke

This rule has the makings of a nice drinking game (exponential increase
of mistakes and resulting shots as shots are taken).

> B) 2 shots: if you've been using vi(m) since the 80's, and it took 10+ years
> to discover a standard feature

I was born in the 80s so this rule really wouldn't work too well for me.

> C) 3 shot: there's a vim tutorial?

Fair enough :).  It is stated clearly on the main screen when you open
vim without a parameter so I have no defense here.  That was certainly
one of those things you notice only after you know about it.

The real question is, which editor will we use to write the rules up in?

ellis