[Beowulf] IBM's Watson on Jeopardy tonight

Geoff Galitz geoff at galitz.org
Wed Feb 16 03:24:20 EST 2011

> http://edition.cnn.com/2011/TECH/innovation/02/14/jeopardy.ibm.watson/index.html
>
> this is quite an interesting read.
>
> question becomes are computers just as smart as we are?
>
> I'm quite surprised that the computer doesn't have a massive lead

Science Friday did a segment on this which is quite good and, of course,
more informative for us techi/science guys:

http://www.sciencefriday.com/program/archives/201102112 (listen to the
podcast segment)

Smart is always a tough thing to measure, even in people.  Computers have a
very long way to go if you want to measure them to humans.