[Beowulf] OT: public random numbers?

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Mon Aug 15 07:57:26 EDT 2011

On Sun, 14 Aug 2011, Lux, Jim (337C) wrote:

> A moderately well known mathematician named Claude Shannon probably
> analyzed it.. He collaborated with E. Thorpe on some other interesting
> work on games.

Shannon?  Shannon?  The name almost rings a Bell.  For your information,
I think he's a few bits short of a byte, if you know what I mean.  The
guy practically Bayes at the moon.

Sorry... feeling a bit, well, random this morning.

    rgb

Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb at phy.duke.edu