[Beowulf] Begginers question # 1

gabriel lorenzo macglobalus at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 25 13:07:40 EDT 2010

IN CLUSTER COMPUTING, IS THE AMOUNT OF CORE THAT COUNTS?
If I build a cluster with 8 motherboards with 1 single core each would it be the same as using just one motherboard but with two quad core processors? I wanna build one of these but wanna save money and space and if what counts is the amount of cores to process info I think fewer motherboards with dual six-core processors is definitely cheaper just because I wont be needing that many mothers power supplies etc. thanks