[Beowulf] dsh basic question on node/task ID

Tim Smith tim_smith_666 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 20 12:40:44 EDT 2010

Hi,

I am new to parallel computing, so please forgive the naive question.

I am using the dsh command on an OSX cluster and would like to read in the node
number from within the executed program. For example, with the Sun Grid Engine,
I would run the following command:

/share/bin/R "--args $SEGMENTS $SGE_TASK_ID" < testR.r

and in the testR.r file, I was able to read the Task ID/node number and use it
to parallelize my code. Which variable in the dsh command will let me read the
node number?

thanks!