[Beowulf] Anybody using Redhat HPC Solution in their Beowulf

Daniel Challen daniel.challen at ocsl.co.uk
Fri Oct 22 04:31:42 EDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-10-22 at 07:54 +0200, Jonathan Aquilina wrote:
> i have seen in repositories of other distros the red hat cluster
> suite. im not sure if that is the same thing as you mentioned below.

Red Hat Cluster Suite (RHCS) is a high availability cluster solution
built upon OpenAIS plus other RH elements. It's an entirely different
thing to HPC.

Red Hat HPC Solution is based upon Lava, which I *believe* to be an OSS
version of Platform's LSF resource manager. It also includes management
and provisioning tools, but I couldn't tell you what those are.

Personally, I've built a number of clusters running RHEL, but usually
with TORQUE+Maui or Moab, plus one or two with the commercial Platform
LSF or PBS Pro (depending on customers). I probably ought to at least
look at it, but I've not yet touched RH's HPC offering.

- Dan