[Beowulf] AMD 6100 vs Intel 5600

"C. Bergström" cbergstrom at pathscale.com
Wed Mar 31 17:16:30 EDT 2010

Bill Broadley wrote:
> Seems like AMDs offering more memory memory bandwidth and specFP rate per
> dollar.  Certainly enough to have me looking for an account to measure
> performance on our codes.

While for my own selfish reasons I'm happy AMD may have some chance at a
comeback, but...  I caution everyone to please ignore SPEC* as any
indicator of performance..  This will be especially true for any
benchmarks based on AMD's compiler.  Your code will always be the best
benchmark and I'm happy to assist anyone offlist that needs help getting
unbiased numbers.

Best,

./C

#pathscale - irc.freenode.net