[Beowulf] copying data between clusters

Mike Davis jmdavis1 at vcu.edu
Fri Mar 5 11:22:14 EST 2010

Michael Di Domenico wrote:
> How does one copy large (20TB) amounts of data from one cluster to another?
>
> Assuming that each node in the cluster can only do about 30MB/sec
> between clusters and i want to preserve the uid/gid/timestamps, etc

If the clusters are co-lo I wouldn't copy I would use shared storage. If
they are not co-located I would use patience.

Seriously though, for a one time copy, I would consider copying to an
external system and then physically moving that system. To do this and
preserve ownerships you will need to duplicate accounts and groups.