[Beowulf] PBS/Maui delay starting of several jobs for certain user

Rahul Nabar rpnabar at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 12:54:32 EDT 2010

On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 6:11 AM, Nico Mittenzwey
<Nico.Mittenzwey at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de> wrote:
> So I would like to tell PBS/Maui to wait x seconds before starting another
> job of that particular user. Do you know of any means to accomplish that
> (even if I have to change the source)?

Would a modified prologue script do the job? You could have a bash
script that looks at a username and adds a "wait y" delay there only
for this user's jobs. y can be made some function of x and the current
number of that users jobs? There could be race conditions but if you
add a random delay before the logic, this might not be an issue.

Yes, it's a hack but it might work?

--
Rahul