[Beowulf] Multiple FlexLM lmgrd services on a single Linux machine?

Hearns, John john.hearns at mclaren.com
Thu Jul 1 06:46:37 EDT 2010

          We're in a process of implementing a centralized FlexLM
license server for multiple commercial applications. Can some one tell
us, whether Linux OS support multiple lmgrd services or not? If its not
directly, is there a way to do it?

For example, can we install FlexLM license servers of both ANSYS and
STAR CD on a single linux server?

You can run multiple lmgrd on a single machine. As Mark says, use
different ports.

The contents of this email are confidential and for the exclusive use of the intended recipient.  If you receive this email in error you should not copy it, retransmit it, use it or disclose its contents but should return it to the sender immediately and delete your copy.