[Beowulf] Logging MCE information on next warm boot?

David Mathog mathog at caltech.edu
Tue Jan 26 11:38:57 EST 2010

Henning Fehrmann wrote:

> We loaded the netconsole module. This works at least for the
> 2.6.27 kernel. AFAIK for older kernel one has to  compile it into the
kernel.

Ah good idea, and this distro already has that, but it isn't enabled by
default.  I see how to configure it and turn it on.  Will a logger
message for "kern" test it, or is there some other way to force a
printk? I'm afraid the logger method might look like it is working, but
just go through the usual syslog channels instead of netconsole.

Thanks,

David Mathog
mathog at caltech.edu