[Beowulf] clustering using xen virtualized machines

Jonathan Aquilina eagles051387 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 11:34:21 EST 2010

john i thank you for the encouragement. its better then what i get form
certain people i deal with in ubuntu channels. you mention diskless booting
using tftp and pxe. the problem though arises when u have a certain number
of nodes accessing the same disk simultaneously where disk I/O shoots
through the roof.

only reason i know this i was helping a professor the 2 yrs that i was in
college in the usa before transferring we were creating a small cluster 1
head node and 4 slaves. all diskless. its nice thing to have but one thing
that puts me off it is the idea of bogging down the drive. in the case of
diskless would it be better then to go to a SSD on the head node?