[Beowulf] Logging MCE information on next warm boot?

Greg Keller Greg at keller.net
Mon Jan 25 15:26:35 EST 2010

> Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 10:46:31 -0800
> From: "David Mathog" <mathog at caltech.edu>
> Subject: [Beowulf] Logging MCE information on next warm boot?
> To: beowulf at beowulf.org
>
> Is it possible to have the Machine Check Exception (MCE) information
> saved to disk automatically on the next warm boot?

David,

I believe the utility you are looking for is mcelog.  We usually run
it with the following arguments:
/usr/sbin/mcelog -h --ignorenodev --filter

I think it clears the info after it reports it, so make sure to tee it
to a file.  I don't understand the command or the flags, just a copy /
paste script kiddy in these regards, but I hope it helps.

Cheers!
Greg