[Beowulf] Q: IB message rate & large core counts (per node) ?

Gilad Shainer Shainer at mellanox.com
Sat Feb 27 01:43:22 EST 2010

> > I have not see latency numbers out there as well,
> > but some indications showed that IB latency is lower than SeaStar.
> I'm surprised that you aren't familiar with
> http://icl.cs.utk.edu/hpcc/hpcc_results.cgi
> It has plenty of latency results. I think this latency measurement
> could be improved, but at least it involves all the cores on a node,
> unlike the 1-core-per-node number usually quoted.

Typical answer. Why not to compare different settings and create claims
from that. If you continue to search you might find a paper or two which
will give the node to node latency, but since it is not on Cray web
site, I will leave this out of my response.

> -- greg
> p.s. I'm still waiting for confirmation of your offer to resign if
> you're wrong about QLogic's message rate.

p.s I am still waiting for you to grow up but it more and more seems
like an impossible mission. I can assure you that it does not hurt, so
don't be afraid. It could have helped you in the past, you know...