[Beowulf] Q: IB message rate & large core counts (per node) ?

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Fri Feb 26 20:31:20 EST 2010

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 05:00:37PM -0800, Gilad Shainer wrote:

> I have not see latency numbers out there as well,
> but some indications showed that IB latency is lower than SeaStar.

I'm surprised that you aren't familiar with

It has plenty of latency results. I think this latency measurement
could be improved, but at least it involves all the cores on a node,
unlike the 1-core-per-node number usually quoted.

-- greg

p.s. I'm still waiting for confirmation of your offer to resign if
you're wrong about QLogic's message rate.