[Beowulf] Q: IB message rate & large core counts (per node) ?

Gilad Shainer Shainer at mellanox.com
Fri Feb 26 20:00:37 EST 2010

> > BTW, is Cray SeaStar2+ better than IB - for nodes w/many cores ?
> BW seems like a SeaStar2+ advantage, though I haven't seen any
> discussion of latency or message rate.

SeaStar2+ BW to the node is 6.5GB bi-dir, similar to IB QDR 4x port BW
through PCIe Gen2. SeaStar BW to the network is 9.6GB bi-dir, little bit
higher than the 8GB IB BW between switches, but less than IB 12x port
which deliver 24GB/s. I have not see latency numbers out there as well,
but some indications showed that IB latency is lower than SeaStar.