[Beowulf] Any recommendations for a good JBOD?

Rahul Nabar rpnabar at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 13:53:22 EST 2010

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 12:14 PM, Alex Chekholko <chekh at pcbi.upenn.edu> wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 11:37:36 -0600
> Does it need to be rack-mount?  What kind of interface?

Preferably rack-mount. But cost is a compelling argument . I could be
convinced if a non-rack unit was significantly cheaper.

I was thinking SAS / SCSI / iSCSI is probably easiest and cheapest.

> If performance is really not an issue, a consumer-level NAS box is
> probably your cheapest option.  A QNap TS-410 is ~$450 plus 4 x 2TB
> drives...

Hmm...NAS. I was more thinking in terms of a DAS. Don't the NAS's come
with their own CPU's / RAM and stuff? (Like the Sun Thumper)

--
Rahul