[Beowulf] Memory stress testing tools.

Prentice Bisbal prentice at ias.edu
Thu Dec 9 16:54:57 EST 2010

Jon Forrest wrote:
> On 12/9/2010 8:08 AM, Prentice Bisbal wrote:
>
>> So far, mprime appears to be working. I was able to trigger an SBE in 21
>> hours the first time I ran it.  I plan on running it repeatedly for the
>> next few days to see how well it can repeat finding errors.
>
> After it finds an error how do you
> figure out which memory module to
> replace?

The LCD display on the front of the server tells me, with a message like
this:

"SBE logging disabled on DIMM C3. Reseat DIMM"

I can also generate a report with DELL DSET that shows me a similar
other message. I'm sure there are other tools, but I usually have to
create a DSET report to send to Dell, anyway.

--
Prentice