[Beowulf] Memory stress testing tools.

Prentice Bisbal prentice at ias.edu
Tue Dec 7 11:54:58 EST 2010

Dear Beowulfers,

Can any of you recommend a good RAM stress testing tool?

I have a server with 128GB of RAM that keeps reporting single-bit
errors. Every time this happens, I reseat the DIMMS or swap them around,
and then run some large MPI jobs with I hope stress the RAM. Sometimes
this produces more SBEs, sometimes it doesn't. When the system seems
stable, I let the users back on it, and sure enough, they get it to
start reporting SBEs in short order.