[Beowulf] what defines "enterprise class" hard drives?

Rahul Nabar rpnabar at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 17:47:19 EDT 2010

I wanted to buy some 1 Terabyte SATA drives for our storage array and
wanted to stay away from the cheap desktop stuff. But each
manufacturer has some "enterprise class drives". But is there
something specific to look for? Most of those seem to have a MTBF of
around 1.2 million hours and a URE of about 1 in 10^15. The S.M.A.R.T.
abilities seem fairly standard.  Is there a list somewhere of well
tested drives? Or any recommendations?

--
Rahul