[Beowulf] Building a Beowulf - Noob

Richard Chang rchang.lists at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 00:15:30 EDT 2010

I am a bit new. Trying to build a cluster from ground up. I need to
build a new 32 node cluster from ground up.

Hardware has been decided, Nehalam based, but OS is still a debate. I am
in a dilemma whether to keep things simple or to cut costs.

In order to keep things simple, I can order Platform Cluster Manager
with RHEL HPC license per node. Or I can use Rocks with CentOS.

I want to know what the other members of this list do.