[Beowulf] which 24 port unmanaged GigE switch?

Jesse Becker beckerjes at mail.nih.gov
Mon Apr 5 18:35:22 EDT 2010

On Mon, Apr 05, 2010 at 06:01:41PM -0400, David Mathog wrote:
>> over the years i've been using netgear enterprise and home products,
>> they are wonderful in light use 80-85% max throughput, but once you
>> hit the 90+ areas they seem to start to degrade either through packet
>> loss or over heating
>
>OK, Netgear is officially scratched off the list.
>Two votes for HP.

+1 from me as well, at least for the 2800 line (which is managed).
HP procurves have a lifetime warranty as well.

Also, as Joe Landman mentioned, Dell PowerConnect switches are just
rebranded SMC units.  Decent for the price, but not powerhouses.

--
Jesse Becker
NHGRI Linux support (Digicon Contractor)