[Beowulf] which 24 port unmanaged GigE switch?

Jesse Becker beckerjes at mail.nih.gov
Mon Apr 5 18:35:22 EDT 2010

On Mon, Apr 05, 2010 at 06:01:41PM -0400, David Mathog wrote:
>> over the years i've been using netgear enterprise and home products,
>> they are wonderful in light use 80-85% max throughput, but once you
>> hit the 90+ areas they seem to start to degrade either through packet
>> loss or over heating
>OK, Netgear is officially scratched off the list.
>Two votes for HP.

+1 from me as well, at least for the 2800 line (which is managed).
HP procurves have a lifetime warranty as well.

Also, as Joe Landman mentioned, Dell PowerConnect switches are just
rebranded SMC units.  Decent for the price, but not powerhouses.

Jesse Becker
NHGRI Linux support (Digicon Contractor)