[Beowulf] Re: What is best OS for GRID or clusters?

Stuart Barkley stuartb at 4gh.net
Mon Sep 28 11:28:56 EDT 2009

> EROS (Extremely Reliable Operating System)
>
>       http://www.eros-os.org/eros.html

Looks like abandonware to me.  There appears to have been no activity
for well over 5 years.  If I don't see any activity on a status page
for over 2 years then I assume no one is caring for the code.

Sometimes it is just mature code, but I expect that there should be
some occasional updates.

On the other hand, frequent updates (or never ending beta cycles)
indicates immature code that I'm hesitant to put into production use.

Stuart Barkley
--
I've never been lost; I was once bewildered for three days, but never lost!
                                        --  Daniel Boone