[Beowulf] Nhalem EX

Hearns, John john.hearns at mclaren.com
Thu Sep 24 08:13:21 EDT 2009

The chip itself is becoming a NUMA-like system, with its own internal
network, a crossbar switch and its own internal topology. At some
time, if the number of cores continues to grow, it wouldn't be that
surprising to see some locality emerge, in the form of local clusters
of cores, tightly coupled on a bus ring,

Kilian, I agree.  I was just being a bit jocular about the complexity of this thing.
Yes, it’s a little NUMA system on a chip - which is quite exciting really.
Take a four-socket one of these, and a bucketload of RAM, and you have a pretty nice
personal system.

The contents of this email are confidential and for the exclusive use of the intended recipient.  If you receive this email in error you should not copy it, retransmit it, use it or disclose its contents but should return it to the sender immediately and delete your copy.