[Beowulf] Virtualization in head node ?

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 16 01:44:54 EDT 2009

2009/9/16 Reuti <reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de>:

> To operate Sun VirtualBox w/o the graphical interface is possible, and you
> can also direct the virtual console to any remote machine using "rdesktop"
> as client on any platform you like.

I agree re. Virtualbox - I'm evaluating it for desktop use, not for
the purpose suggested here,
and its quite impressive. The latest version offers direct access to
accelerated 3D graphics on the host. Also I put a virtual machine to
sleep yesterday when running a CAD style application, and started it
up later, the application picked itself up mid-stride and continued
on. Well, maybe I'm easily impressed.