[Beowulf] PCOIP graphics

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 15 02:36:44 EDT 2009

2009/9/14 Bruno Coutinho <coutinho at dcc.ufmg.br>:
> 2009/9/14 John Hearns <hearnsj at googlemail.com>
>> HPCwire today had an article on BOXX workstations which use something
>> called PCOIP to transfer
>> the graphics display over a slowish network connection.
> Nomachine NX does this too.
> You can download a client and test on their servers.
> http://www.nomachine.com/
   I am a big fan of Nomachine, and I use it on my personal workstation.

However, in my experience Nomachine does not handle OpenGL accelerated
graphics - there is a recipe on their site for doing that, but it did
not work for me.

Also, and I hesitate to do a company down who I think are generally
marvellous, they were not interested in doing an IA64 version for our
Prism visualization system.

If anyone is using Nomachine NX successfully to run a remote display
of a decently specced visualization box running Linux and OpenGL then
I'd really like to hear about it.