[Beowulf] OpenMPI and MPICH-1.2.5

Dmitry Zaletnev dzaletnev at yandex.ru
Thu Oct 29 01:40:55 EDT 2009

Hi, all

During my postgraduate studies I take part in testing and, in future may be, in development of CFD-suite of my professor. I know how to start daemon ring and run an application on it in MPICH2, but:

1. I cannot do this on my PS3-cluster running YellowDogLinux because there's OpenMPI only.
2. I cannot reproduce bugs in our suite when running MPICH-1.2.5 on EM64T because I don't know how to install, start daemon ring running, and run an application on it in MPICH-1.2.5.

So I'm interested in any advices how to install, run daemon ring, and run application in OpenMPI and MPICH-1.2.5 when running any x64 Linux (CentOS, Debian, OpenSuSE, etc.) or links on suitable documentation.

Thank you in advance.