[Beowulf] mpirun and line buffering

Ashley Pittman ashley at pittman.co.uk
Tue Oct 27 05:37:44 EDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-10-27 at 01:24 -0400, Mark Hahn wrote:
> > On the QDR IB system I have testing on, the printf from each process is not
>
> setlinebuf(stdout)?
> maybe also due to change in mpi flavor?

In my experience the resource manager is what controls this, the same
binary with the same settings will produce good output on some clusters
and bad on others.  The only resource manager which seems to reliably
not mess up output is orte, that and RMS of course.

I believe most people take the route of getting rank[0] to do all the
printing.

Ashley,

--

Ashley Pittman, Bath, UK.