[Beowulf] Any industry-standards that allow automated BIOS modifications and dumping? IPMI cannot do it, can it?

Rahul Nabar rpnabar at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 21:20:00 EDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 11:11 AM, Mark Hahn <hahn at mcmaster.ca> wrote:

> sounds like your version of ipmitool is compiled without lanplus
> (or misconfigured in some way)

It works now (in a rudimentary way!). Thanks guys, for the tips. I
found the ipmitool in a CentOS repo. I gave up on comping my own.

/usr/bin/ipmitool -I lanplus -U root -H 10.0.0.26 sol activate
Password:
[SOL Session operational.  Use ~? for help]

Now, if I can only get it to display the remote screen! :)

--
Rahul