[Beowulf] Any industry-standards that allow automated BIOS modifications and dumping? IPMI cannot do it, can it?

Rahul Nabar rpnabar at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 19:56:44 EDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 10:11 AM, Gregory Matthews
<greg.matthews at diamond.ac.uk> wrote:
> Rahul Nabar wrote:
> did you compile ipmitool yourself? it might be the libcrypto linking issue
> described not very satisfactorily here:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/ipmitool-devel@lists.sourceforge.net/msg01104.html
> perhaps you compiled it without ssl support? It certainly looks like a
> client side issue rather than hardware.

Yes. That's right. ./configure lists:

  lan     : yes
  lanplus : no
  open    : yes
  free    : no
  imb     : yes
  bmc     : no
  lipmi   : no

The relevant log snippet is:

checking for EVP_aes_128_cbc in -lcrypto... no
checking for MD5_Init in -lcrypto... no
checking for MD2_Init in -lcrypto... no
** The lanplus interface requires an SSL library with EVP_aes_128_cbc defined.

Any clues what  I am doing wrong? I used: "./configure --enable-intf-lanplus"

I checked that I have openssl, libgcrypt and  libgcrypt-devel installed.

I even found the file "ibcrypt.so.1" and created the link:
"ln -s /lib/libcrypt.so.1 /usr/lib/libcrypto.so" (as per the link Greg had sent)

Which one is the "SSL library with EVP"? Ideas?